13 Motivational Quotes From The Rock to Help You Crush Your Workout
Use this wisdom from the hardest worker in the room to help overcome any and every obstacle.
Making it through your workout (or let’s be honest, even making it to the gym to do your workout) can be tough, especially at the end of the year. When you’re juggling travel and family time, and those delicious holiday treats just keep calling your name, it can seem near impossible to stay committed to your fitness regimen.
Never fear, because The Rock has got your back. Next time you feel like you can’t get through that last set of burpees, imagine Dwayne Johnson's voice, loud and proud and firing you up to finish through — and even to pump out a few extra reps for good measure, too.
These are the best motivational quotes from The Rock you can come back to, again and again, to push you through those moments of weakness during any tough workout session.
1. “Success isn’t always about ‘Greatness’, it’s about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come.”
2. “Blood, sweat and respect. First two you give, last one you earn."
3. “I like to use the hard times in the past, to motivate me today.”
4. “The road to success and greatness is always paved with consistent hard work. Outwork your competitors, be authentic and above all else. Chase your greatness.”
5. “Success at anything will always come down to this: Focus & Effort, and we control both.”
6. “I learned at a very young age that there’s no substitute for hard work.”
7. “All of the men I knew who had achieved success were all men of great physical stature. And I knew that they all got that way through sweat equity — putting callouses on their hands.”
8. “Training is my anchor every day, regardless of whether I’m on a set or at home.”
9. “It’s simple. Do it.”
10. “When life puts you in tough situations, don’t say, ‘Why me?’ Just say, ‘Try me.’”
11. “If something stands between you and your success, move it. Never be denied.”
12. “With drive and a bit of talent, you can move mountains.”
13. "I'm always asked, "What's the secret to success?" The secret is, there is no secret. Be humble, hungry and the hardest worker in the room."